Sunday 2 November 2008

New Work - Ideas generation - Shape


These are two initial ideas towards the latest brief, which I chose to base around the theme of Location. Experimenting with the idea of fantasy vs. reality, I am utilising the imagery of Jim Flora and Mary Blair to compose these flat yet 3d illustrations. I have also been looking into the work of Martin Haake and Tim Biskup, and presently Joanna Nelson is there influencing me too! I am working with a method of mixed media juxtaposed with illustrator lines and shapes. I have chose three initial themes to work around, location, or place (the examples above), travel, and disguise. When these designs have progressed further with colour and what not, I will pull them together in a mindmap design illustrating the finished idea of fantasy vs. reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

here